Sunday, November 03, 2019

1979 Catherine's Letter -Sep.17

September 17, 1979

Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  Here it is Monday - the beginning of another work week.  Both Gerry and I woke up with colds this morning.  Hope they pass quickly and if we're lucky Wendy won't catch it.

Wendy had a nasty little accident last Friday morning.  She fell head first off the front of the chicken tyke-bike that her friend Julie loaned her.  Anyway it brought her chin in direct contact with the sidewalk and resulted in lots of blood on her shirt.  I didn't know if it was serious enough to require stitches so I called Gerry.  He came home and checked over and we decided to take her to the Dr. who sewed her up with three stitches -- not really that serious but the Dr. said there would be less scar that way.  Wendy was very calm the whole time until the Dr. strapped her in a papoose board while he took care of her.  Then she kept crying "All Done" and "Bye-Bye."  I was supposed to taker her back tomorrow to have the stitches removed but last night while she was playing in the kitchen and hit her chin on something and ripped out the stitches so that it all started to bleed again.  It is all scabbed over again now and doesn't look bad but the stitches are all gone.

We (Wendy & I) went to Joan & John's [neighbors] wedding on Saturday morning.  Their (John's sister and family) were supposed to come from Montana but never showed up.  Joan called me early Saturday to see if I'd be her Maid of Honor since her sister-in-law hadn't come.  they they had a party-reception-supper in the evening.  We met alot of their other friends we had never met before.  Mostly guys that John works with and their families.

Yesterday we played golf with Bob & Emily again.  I left Wendy with the same sitter as the week before and she did much better this week.  Also I think if I leave her every Wednesday morning [bowling] maybe before too long she'll be endurable when I'm gone.

We made reservations to stay in a motel in Bend that has a waterbed on Saturday night.  We figure we'll do some shopping for Wendy and eat dinner out to complete our mini-vacation. 

Well, I better get this out in the mail.  Hope you have received the pictures by now.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album