Friday, November 08, 2019

1979 MV's Letter -Sep.22


Sep. 22, 1979
Dear Carol & John --

I just realized how long its been since I had written to you.  I also realized I hadn't gotten any birthday cards for Wendy  or Georgialia . . . my memory is getting very bad.

School has been just great -- especially with no math or science . . . the only class that really bores me is World History -- why should I care about who fought in the Punic Wars -- it's hard enough for me to remember who fought in W.W. I & II.  Spanish has been super easy -- I haven't even studied for our tests & I still do fine.

As far as going away to school, I think I've narrowed it down to 3 choices -- one in Massachusetts, one in Virginia & one in Licking County.  But I'm not the one who makes the final decisions.  So don't be too hurt if the "adoption" doesn't go thru on your 15 year-old . . . .

We won our football game again last nite, so our record is 4-0.  The band didn't do bad either . . . we got 2 standing ovations . . . .  Hopefully it'll work out so that we can go to Wash D.C. for the cherry blossom festival.  But we haven't gotten anything back on our application.

I must go & get some sleep -- it's already 1:40 & I need to get up about 7:30.  Ho hum.  Take Care & God bless.  Love -- Mary Va

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album