Monday, November 12, 2018

1988 John's Letter -Nov.9

November 9, 1988
Dear Grandma, Mom and Dad,

How are all of you?  I haven't called lately so I thought I would send a note.

I spent last weekend in Marietta at the Hotel Lafayette with Mark Goldsmith from Westerville who I met on the Emmaus Walk.  We drove down S.R. 60 south from Zanesville and the drive was beautiful.  It was cold and damp but most enjoyable.  Do you remember when we all went to Marietta?  I couldn't have been more than 10-12 years old.

I invited Mark for Christmas as he has no family in the area.  He made plans for Thanksgiving with friends in Cincinnati but we may fly down and possibly drop me off at the Wilmington airport.  Or is there an airport any closer?  He would drop me off Wed night Nov. 23rd between 8:30-10pm and then return Thursday night.  I hope you don't mind my inviting him down for Christmas.

Have you purchased any compact discs for Mary yet?  I might check with you before I buy any so we don't duplicate.

I am enclosing a copy of the recipe from the Bed and Breakfast along with our October Buy List.

I speak to the Newark Noon Lions Club today on Trusts.  Even if I don't fly down Wed. night 11/23, you can expect me sometime between 9-10pm.

I'll see you soon.

Love in Christ,
John

P.S. Ruth Shoemaker writes that she doesn't see much of you anymore.  Maybe I can visit her while I am down either Thanksgiving or Christmas.

P.S.S. I have an interview Friday morning with MB?? Maintenance Services in Coshocton for Their Business Director opening

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album