Thursday, November 01, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -Oct.30


Eisenhower Lock postcard -mailed 1968.  Caption: "At low level in Eisenhower Lock."  BILLION-DOLLAR ST. LAWRENCE RIVER SEAWAY AND POWER DEVELOPMENT.  A large crowd watches a vessel descend in a 45-foot watery elevator.

10/30/68  Have you seen my blue jumper?

Hi!  Jo said Dale won't be able to come – she just heard today.  I got a B on the German test but Bruce flunked so it was a sad day.  It was really disgusting 'cause we studied so hard and I know he understood it as well as I did.  We're still trying, though!  every Wednesday noon there is a peace vigil at the post office.  I went down today with David & Dick.  tomorrow night is Halloween so we're having a comb. party & birthday party for Linda.  The guys are coming as we have open house.  I'm doing SP [special parties] for Saga, and Bruce and I will probably study German.  Physics is worse!

Love, Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album