Wednesday, November 28, 2018

1968 Catherine's Letter -Dec.1

December 1, 1968

Dear Mother, Dad, Roberta, Serena, John, and Mary,
     (or are Dad and John still gone? [delivering G'ma & G'dad to Florida])

Hi!  It was nice talking to you all on the phone the other day.  I had a really nice Thanksgiving even though the weather wasn't the most pleasant.  Four of us from Saga went together and got a mince pie at the A&P since Saga had only pumpkin and we had a real nice little pre-Thanksgiving dinner party.  I guess there were about 160 at Saga for Thanksgiving dinner – I may never know what I missed.

I've been working quite alot lately.  There's a little more responsibility involved in being in charge of the snack bar and closing up in the afternoon instead of just working for an hour.

Carole went home on Wednesday so I've had the room to myself all weekend long.  I guess she'll be back this evening.  I bet the roads are bad though 'cause it has really been snowing for the last couple hours.  I studied German all morning – it was depressing 'cause I'm so slow.  The tapes allow you so much time to answer and it usually takes me about twice that long unless I've been over the exercises about three times.  I can see me in Germany now – it will take me a half hour to get out one sentence.  I think maybe I'm going to go talk to Dr. Palmer (physics prof) tomorrow – not about my slowness in German – but about my complete lack of motivation to study, or even look at the physics book.  Yesterday I decided that if I was a prof, I wouldn't flunk a student who came to class every day, appeared in lab once a week, and at least attempted occasionally to pass a quiz.  However I am not the prof, and even more unfortunately Dr. Palmer may look at the situation differently.  Wonder if I can think of anything else irrelevant to put in this paragraph?

I have to return a book to the library now.  Write soon, and I'll see you in about two weeks.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album