Thursday, November 29, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Dec.1

[12/1/78]
Friday Morning

Good Morning!

December 1st – and we still haven't turned on the heat!  This AM was 62º in the house – only time I feel cool is in the morning – getting home.  But at night I sleep w/ 2 blankets over me!  How long have you had the heat on?

Thanks for your recent letters & all the articles – several of the NYT ones I had seen – as current while at the farm.

Yesterday was a relatively slow day at work – but there were definite rushes.  When there would be several people – w/ 5-6 and up # of packages.  It takes time – esp. if they want insurance, etc.

We can do everything – register, certify, insure, return receipt, packages – etc.  But we have no pick up – as to mail – people having boxes or anything.  We cannot do anything international – unless it's 1st class – letters.  We don't do express mail either.  We do take Special Delivery, special Handling – all that stuff.

We also sell Money Orders – up to $400.  Be surprised how many we do sell.  OH, by the way, I finally opened up a checking account – just yesterday – at bank just next door to where I work.  Started a Savings there too.  Went to 1st National – to w/draw my $ – did not have proper ID to w/draw (close) but did have proper ID to take out $700 – does that make sense?

My thumb is doing really good – swelling all the way down – I was really good about soaking it.

Wait till you all see the wreath we have made out of pine cones – about 6 other type cones – thistles, It's giant size – really full. 

I brought home about 4 wall paper books – discontinued – guess I.T. wants several. 

I get 20% off anything I want in the hardware store.  Right now they have all these beautiful baskets – all shapes – sizes –  I've resisted so far.  They don't sell jacks or jump ropes.

Must Run –––

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album