Saturday, November 10, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -Nov.8

Wednesday afternoon
"day after"
Nov. 8, 1978
Hi, John!

How does it feel – the day after election?  Do want you to know that we did vote yesterday – how is that for a surprise?

It was good to hear from you – Mr. Ream's response letter – quite interesting!  Yes – the farm is a neat place – despite the Sue Apante's there.  But – as Mr. Ream says – and you know – the farm is not the same year round as it is during the 10 week session.  If you got active – in politics or whatever – as I can picture yourself doing – I wouldn't see the picture of all the laziness he describes.

Mr. Ream makes no mention of Less Toil – perhaps he still isn't there.  I'd like to think that.  The job – no position – Mr. Ram talks about sounds like something you might be interested in & would enjoy doing.  What have your thoughts been about it?  Has Mr. Ream discussed $ – Regardless of $ – if it's something you think you could do (enjoy) it would be great experience – training – all that good stuff.  And like I said – say – the farm is a neat place.

I really like my job – LOTS!!  I get to talk on the phone all day – except for interviewing people here – perhaps average of 6 a day – we get some real characters – like ones w/ no experience – but their mother has experience.  They come in – say they type 50+ wpm – but test out at 18 wpm.  We get alot of people about 60 years old – ones that would make good workers – but employers always want some one young but w/ experience.  Alot of employers say – Don't send me over any MORMANS!!

I had a letter from Mary Cosme – guess I'll tell you the whole story – she has an Aunt here – just about 1 mile from us in Mesa – so I stopped in to see her – have several times.  Very enjoyable lady.  Anyway – I write Mary – she wrote me back – and she says you (we) owe her 1 men's T-shirt.  She got 1 – but had paid for 2.  I know – just what you wanted to hear.  I'll be dropping her a note – asking for more details – color – size – etc.

I'm doing volunteer type work at a nursing home in Mesa – feeding a patient 1 day a week – really enjoy it.  Marian provides taxi service for an old man – who doesn't drive – so he can see his wife in the nursing home.  He is 84 – wife 80 – really a pair.  Marian tried the feeding – but it didn't work out – she couldn't handle it – sorta surprised me – but she really enjoys her taxi service – both – the husband & wife – have terrific sense of humor – so they all enjoy.

This last weekend we – w/ another family had a garage sale – thank goodness it was at their garage – for 1 thing – we don't have a garage – so it would have to be on our patio.  We (most of the stuff was Marian's) did pretty good – over $150.  Not bad – most of the stuff was just misc junk.

Here it is Friday AM – guess I better send this to 45159.

Love,
Berta

Hi to all!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album