Wednesday, November 14, 2018

1988 Joe's Letter to John -Nov.10

"Three Balconies"
J. U. Horton 1982
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

Nov. 10, 1988
Santa Fe, N.M.
Dear John,

Thanks for your telephone call.  It was good to talk to you after a long period of silence – I do believe it was last June when we last talked – however.

I wish you could come out west and pay me a visit – with your vacation time being taken up by missionary work next summer I'm wondering if we'll even get together again in 1989.

If I sell enough paintings I'll have some extra money to fly and see you!

Here is a picture of Grandma in my apt. this Nov. actually the end of Oct.  I think she had a really good time visiting Santa Fe and Taos – She's quite a lady!

I leave in a week for Tucson to paint outdoors for  2 weeks – then I'll go to Phoenix to be with Sid and Roberta for a few days – I guess I'll be looking for another gallery to show my art work there in Scottsdale.

Time moves on – I've been in Santa Fe now for over a year – hopefully in a couple of years I'm going to pack my bags again and move overseas to teach English.  Those are my long range plans.

Do the gym if you can.  It's good for your health!  

Your cousin with love,
Joe

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album