Saturday, November 24, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -Nov.27

[11/27/78]
Sunday Afternoon
12:30
Hi!

We (Buffy & I) are at the Airport – glad I tucked in the stationery at the last minute – as Marian's plane was suppose to come in at 12:40 – but now says 1:20!  When she flew to Denver on Thursday – her plane got in 20 minutes early – ought to be a happy medium – like on time!!

I've had a very busy weekend – Friday night I came home from work exhausted – it was a busy day – lots of packages – people always change their minds too – which is confusing – they want Air Mail – but want to pay parcel post rates – !!!  Two women wanted ME too call up UPS to see how much they would charge!

I do like my job – but much more paper work – bookkeeping type stuff – than I thought.

Friday night I ate Turkey leftovers – & must have been in bed by 8:00!  I wondered where John & G'ma got to Friday night.  

Saturday Renee' came over & put on a insulator on the hot water heater – he made it last year – had been taking up 1 whole shelf – my – that fiber-glass stuff gives you the itches.  W/ the new space & w/ rearranging got enough room in shed for the 3 big things that had been out in the patio – 2 trunks – 1 old humpback one – plus did all the inside of the house – sorta depressing – 'cause it never stays clean.

Then last night was invited out for supper w/ the Bridgewaters – ex-farmer & his wife from Ill. – they served open face taco's – messy – me – who never uses a napkin – had it wore out – 1/2 way through.

Happy to hear John will be coming West ––

I don't think I have a relaxing week ahead of me at work – but my times goes fast.

Love,
Berta

THANKS FOR CALLING!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album