Sunday, June 18, 2017

1987 Catherine's Letter -June 16


Tues. June 16, 1987
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Thought I'd send this letter off "air mail" with Wendy.  Hope all went well with the multiple arrivals at the airport.

I've had a semi-long weekend, having Sunday, Monday off and today I don't have to be in until noon.  Then at 2:30 this afternoon 6 of us "new" librarians – 3 reference & 3 youth – have to go downtown Phoenix to become Deputy Registrar's so we can register people to vote.  'Then I have my storytime group tonight at 7:00.

We don't have plans to do anything particular while Wendy is gone – this past weekend it got up to 115º which is a little warm for golf!  Early in the morning is about the only time it's comfortable to be outside.  It'll be quieter around our house for the next few weeks, that's for sure.

Perhaps I could also take the opportunity to say "Happy Father's Day"! Dad.  I appreciate all the "fathering" you've done for the past 38 plus years!  Sorry we can't be there to celebrate Father's Day & Grandma's birthday but we'll be thinking of you all.

Wendy is supposed to call us at 9:00 p.m. (your time) on Friday so we'll talk to you then probably.

Love,
Catherine & Gerry
& Wendy – in person


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album