Thursday, June 22, 2017

1967 Catherine to Serena letter -June 20

June 20, 1967
Dear Serena,

Hi!  How are things going in New Vienna?

First of all I will answer your questions.  The job is all right only the hours are terrible.  This morning I worked from 6:30 to 9:15 and then 11:00-3:15 and I go back to work at 4:45 and will probably stay until 8:00.

The room is extremely cramped – mainly because my roommate hasn't unpacked and her stuff is laying all over the floor.  All the kids are very nice.

The food we serve the customers looks delicious but I don't know how it tastes.  The food we eat is indescribable.  We never have vegetables – only meat and potatoes.  Oh, last night we had hot dogs and kidney beans.

I couldn't believe your letter.  I never expected to hear from you so soon.  I got the package with aprons & blouses yesterday, a letter from Mother & Daddy and one from Dave today.

Mrs. Gibbs told Rhonda (another new girl) and I yesterday that they wouldn't need us at the hotel after Friday.  So they are trying to find another place to stick us.

Don't work too hard on your illegible signature, it is already bad enough.

Love from your
talented, charming sister,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album