Thursday, June 29, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -June 28

June 28, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Today was my day off.  I "amused" myself by tying 29,000 Lakeside bulletins into packages to be mailed.  Out of that many  2  came to New Vienna –– John P. Joy [or Jay?] and Ernest Cochran.

Last night I went to Hoover to see a movie with Jenna.  It wasn't worth seeing.  I think the name of it was "Nobody Waved Goodbye."  Afterwards I went to Port Clinton with a boy named Steve who works at Hoover.

I have eaten dinner twice now at Mrs. Ackerman's.  I had almost forgotten what real food tasted like – especially honest-to-goodness vegetables.  I use half of my meal ticket on milk.  20¢ a carton adds up pretty quickly.  If it wasn't for the milk and the cottage cheese and peach salad I would probably starve to death.

Now that I work in the kitchen I can wear whatever I want to.  Jenna usually wears shorts but I stick to the black and white since that is what I have the most of.  Those two blouses you got fit fine but they aren't too perma-press.

Working 7 days of the week is really confusing me.  There is no set pattern to determine what day it is.

Would it be best to send my money home in a check?  All I've gotten so far are tips which I've used to pay for the room and also to buy my pass.

I requested 3 books from the state library yesterday.  I hope I get them soon.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album