Wednesday, June 21, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -June 18

239 Maple Avenue
Lakeside, Ohio

June 18, 1967

Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Well, I have been here almost 24 hours now and I am almost settled.  My roommate, Juanita Obee, just got here last night so I am not the newest girl.  Juanita will be a sophomore at Mount Union.  Her father is a minister.

There are bunk beds, a dresser, a chest, a lot of open shelves and some closet space.  The room is about 15' x8' and there is hardly room to move around.  The floor also slopes down which makes the whole room seem lopsided.

I just got through serving breakfast (it is 10:15 A.M.) which was my second meal.  The conference hasn't started yet so there aren't too many people  This week we have to work about every meal but next week and thereafter we will be on 3 meals and then off 3 meals.  We eat at 6:30, 11:00 and 4:30.  What hours!  This place is as bad as a hospital.

I forgot to mention that my room is downstairs.  A nice breeze comes in the window and this morning it was downright FRIGID!

The lake is really up high.  The first extension of the dock off to the left is almost submerged.

Have to go to lunch now – I'm starved.  Tips are pretty good.

Love, Catherine

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY – DADDY & GRANDDADDY

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album