Tuesday, June 27, 2017

1967 Catherine's letter -June 26

June 26, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John and Mary,

Hi!  Got note from Daddy and Alice's card in today's mail.  Thanks.

The bulletin from Kalamazoo essentially said to enjoy the summer and not worry excessively about next fall.  They also enclosed a book list and suggest we read at least 5 by fall.  They recommend one or more books for each subject.

Jenna and I walked to Marblehead last night.  Mrs. Ackerman and I are trying to get Jenna to lose weight – more by example than pressure.  Last night for supper while I had a salad she had hot cakes and donuts.  I may lose weight but I doubt if she will.

Every other week at the Patio we shift.  This week I work 6:00-3:00 and next week it will be 3:00-11:30 or 12:00.  I guess that is so we won't get too set in our ways.

I guess I was lucky to be put out of the hotel when I was.  They have narrowed the number of waitresses down to 12 and Mr. Underwood says there are still too many.

I went down to the Women's Club library this afternoon but they were closed.  It costs $1.50 for membership or 35¢ per book.

I am now reading The Nun's Story.  I borrowed the book from Treva.

Well, I'm going to have to rush this letter to the mail box now.

Love,
Catherine

P.S.  Has anyone seen about the composites (Alices's and mine) at the high school?  You might also check with Mr. Short on SAT achievement test scores.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album