Sunday, June 25, 2017

1967 Catherine's letter to John -June 25


Sun. June 25, 1967

Dear John,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter.  What you did type looks pretty good.

I didn't think I was to start working until tomorrow at the Patio but instead I started yesterday.  Right now I am on the day shift and I work from 6:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. with no real break.  I work in the kitchen – right beside Jenna.

We get a weekly meal ticket of $15.40.  Only bad thing is that everything is fried and they have no vegetables at all.

How is your baseball coming?  I bet Little League is fun.  From what I've seen of the Reds they haven't been doing too hot.

Did your Bible School class go all week with perfect attendance?  I hope the program went all right.

I'm glad the News-Journal is going so well.

I had to pay $5 to get a ticket so I can go in and out of Lakeside.  I think that is about 3/4 off from regular price because I am employed here.

I haven't played golf yet so I may bring those tickets back home with me.  Then you could use them next year.

Last night at the movie I saw "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines" in Hoover.  Do you remember when we saw it last fall in Gettysburg?

Say hi to everybody and write soon!

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album