Friday, July 20, 2012

1972 Roberta in Vienna - July 16

Roberta sends a third card to the Hortons, first from Heidelberg, then Venice and now Greece.  After Venice she visited Florence, Rome, Pompeii, Isle of Capri and then took a cruise to Greece where she saw an Acropolis-Parthenon Drama, had a Bouzouki Dinner in the Plaka and took a ship trip to the Isle of Hydra.
Postcard from Roberta to Hortons - July 16, 1972 from Greece
July 16, 1972
Hi!  Thanks for your letter – Greece is a beautiful country tho I didn't realize the people were so bad off (poor).

I really like the morning we spent in Pompeii.  Also visited a cameo factory near Naples, Italy.  Went to Blue Grotto [Isle of Capri] – so beautiful!

Switzerland is still my favorite country – but I think Greece might run a close second.  Will I see you all in August?  Rob, you are so sweet & I'm so undeserving!?!  Love,  Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album