- 12-Feb-2002 - Greetings from 103rd....good to be back home after being at Sr. Village the last four nights and most of the days too. We now have a greater appreciation of those who stayed while we were gone. Glad to know the folks made it back to Newark [after visiting AZ] – but sorry that Julie is not feeling her best. Glad she is not an "old lady" or it really would have hit her hard. Sid and I just back from a walk of two miles, tomorrow we will start the treadmill routine. He has a treadmill test scheduled – which he wants me to change so he will have more time to practice.
- Unknown date [part of a forward] Helped one of my ladies who wanted to sell her jewelry to make needed cash. It was pitiful – a big white looking diamond that was not a diamond, AND the same for a red rock – not a ruby. Then another cocktail type ring with lots of small diamonds, that she thought would be worth one thousand dollars, was $12 – as in one dozen dollar bills. I think I will stick to the stock market. She decided to keep her rock collection.
- 13-Feb-2002 Had a call today from the gal that is the director of the new facility in Sun City West – 151st Ave and Deer Valley Road. She wants me to come out tomorrow to talk about working for her in life enrichment activities in a "limited memory" facility. We shall see....
- 22-Feb-2002 Sid and I just got back from taking Sharon to the airport, enjoying the $2.99 breakfast special at Coco's, stopping at the Foundation downtown office, Senior Village, and then a stop at a new Safeway grocery at 83rd and Cactus (West side is the place to be!) and home again before 8:30 AM. Of course in order to do all that, we did leave the house at 5:08. We were up before Sun City was!
- 23-Feb-2002 Just a short note as Sid is fixing supper, we just got back from the pool. Joan and I also did get in our 30 miles [bicycling]. We rode through the Biltmore area and ate at the Wild Oats Grocery at 40th St. and Camelback. [Since closed.] Did I tell you that I got an email from Lisa Gooding? She is moving to Cincy, across from Jim. Love, Roberta
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
2002 - Emails from Roberta
Selections from several emails from Roberta in February 2002: