Monday, January 06, 2020

1983 GHU Letter -Nov.17

Thurs. evening
Nov. 17 [1983?]
Dear Roberta,

People seem to wonder what I do all the time.  That is a good question for bed times always comes before I am ready.  I do spend a lot of time turning around in this w. chair.  If you get what I mean I am so slow.  So thank you for the honor of being m. bridesmaid but how will we function that in a w. chair & hope the carpet is not too thick for you must remember that I am not getting younger these days.  I am sending you 3 samples of dresses as to colors so wonder which one you might prefer.  Most any flower would be alright.  The one is rather summerish you got that one in exchange for one that had a hole in the back.  The one with the touch of gold came from Korea but has short sleeves but I can wear a white crocheted jacket.  The purple dress has plain skirt but flowered sleeves.  Hard to get a sample for the seams were so narrow.  This time of year it might be the right one.  You can think about it.  

I am leaving for Aunt Mary's Dec. 3rd.

The Clems moved to Byron, OH.  Sat. 200 miles north of us.  Elaine Burton who lives across the street in the No. Apt with her little boy 8 yrs old has started to work for me.  So far so good, she is willing.  She has been busy with leaves but it has to rain so often.  If it stays so rainy the ones now on the ground may have to blow away.

Last Sun. your Mother & Dad & I ate dinner in Wilmington at Frisch's made a call at the hospital then several calls at the Quaker Apt,  Ate supper there &  then attended a very nice benefit program at the college.  Arrived home 10:30 quite a day, but I am all together.

Don't try to do too much every day.

With love,
Grandma

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album