Sunday, January 12, 2020

1979 Catherine's Letter -Nov.20


Tuesday, November 20, 1979

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Thanks for all the letters, cards and telephone calls during the past few weeks.  I should have some time now to get caught up on my correspondence.

Gerry is doing real well.  He is walking about four miles a day - in four separate walks per the Dr's orders.  Sunday we walked to church and I sat in the back row so Gerry could stand up behind me.  The monthly coffee hour was also last Sunday so we got to talk to quite a few people.  This coming Sunday we are going to be greeters.  The Christmas bazaar was on Saturday.  I worked from 10-12.  I think they made a fair amount of money although I haven't heard the exact amount.  A big crowd came right at the beginning but it had thinned out by 11.

Both the Eakins (the older couple who live across the street) and my friend, Cheryl, brought us over dinner on Thursday.  Between the two of them we had enough to last us through Saturday.  Then on Friday someone else brought us a dozen homemade rolls which we had with our eggplant parmesan on Sunday.  I froze part of them to save for Thanksgiving.  We are going to buy cornish game hens for Thanksgiving since a turkey would be much too big for us and we would still be eating it for Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, we have been discussing coming south and we think the best thing for us would be to fly to San Diego a few days before Christmas, then bring DeeDee to Arizona right after Christmas for a few days.  Then we would return to Oregon and she would return to San Diego.  We aren't expecting you to finance the whole trip for us.  Does this sound like it would fit into your plans?  I'll have to call the travel agent in the next few days and see what we can work out.

I took Wendy to the Dr. last Friday as she was coughing and had a runny nose.  They took an x-ray of her chest and said one lung was congested so she has been taking medicine again.  She finishes taking the antibiotics today and she really isn't any better than she was on Friday.  I don't know if I'll have to take her back in or renew the prescription or what.

What are you doing for Christmas cards this year?  I have some of those post card type but still need to get some regular ones.  It is about time to be getting them done.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album