Tuesday, January 14, 2020

1969 Catherine's postcard to GHU -Nov.25

Caption: Münster Prinzipalmarkt und Lambertikirche (main shopping area and church)


November 25,1969
Dear Grandma,

Hi!  I hope you are all settled in Florida by now.  It has turned quite cold here but no snow.  Over this last weekend I went with two other kids to Amsterdam.  We went through two museums, took a boat ride which covered only a small part of the 80 miles of canal inside the city, and met lots of Americans.  We also had some interesting experiences hitchhiking.  I doubt if I will be able to meet Joe at Christmas as I'm going down through southern Germany to Switz., Austria, Italy, and then southern coast of Spain along the Mediterranean.  We're having a party for our German parents Thursday evening as they don't have Thanksgiving and we have to go to school as usual. 

My love to you & all the Hortons,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album