Thursday, July 25, 2019

1979 Roberta's letter to John -May7

Tuesday
[May 7, 1979]
Hi John --

Wow!!!  You're going to Europe -- I just wish I could go w/ you -- how are you getting to New York??  I think it's so exciting your going -- I can't even think of anything I want you to get me but give me time.

How are your last few weeks of school -- is it hard to believe you are almost there -- ready to get that diploma??  It was for me -- and it took me  5  years to do it!!!

I've really had some busy busy days at work -- Mother's Day packages -- ready to do me in!!

I'm sorry I'll miss seeing you before you go -- or at least for a send off but w/ Mom, Dad, G'ma & Mary Virginia you should get a decent send-off!

As for meeting you in the East -- that's the same time I'm to be touring w/ Mother -- Oregon -- so unless you could come home before June 18th -- or after July 15th -- it looks doubtful that I could meet you.

What's this job in Newark -- is it what you want?  Just where is Newark -- I could get out my map -- Maybe you will be a 2nd Thomas Brumley or perhaps a 2nd Elroyd Collier.

I'm all registered for school -- August 25th will soon be rolling around -- probably be 115º in the shade out here then.  Now it's hitting 100º most days!!

Now Serena says she can't come here for the car -- time, etc.  So I've called trusty AAA car transport company -- they want $170 to get the Dodge to Denver -- unreal!!  I plan to advertise etc. -- keep my fingers crossed -- get a gone one --

John -- I understand Mary Thompson sent us a letter -- do you still have it?  I'd like it --

Can you read my writing -- I write like a real executive!!

What do you want for graduation -- how about some double filled oreo cookies??

We're going to the zoo this weekend -- Gotta go ----

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album