Wednesday, March 23, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -Mar.17

Wednesday
March 17, 1976
Dear Mom, Dad, John & Mary,
          (Serena too?)

Hi!  Your phone call was a real surprise.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk longer to Mary.  I didn't realize who I was talking to right off.

I didn't understand why Roberta delayed her flight.  Did you say she sent you a cable?  Is it the 23rd now?

Gerry and I have not made any more definite plans.  I think the end of May is too soon, however.  Besides that should be John's moment of glory.  Getting married in New Vienna is a possibility.  What is the law?  Can you get married by a Justice of the Peace or does it have to be a preacher?  I think if we get married here we will just have a few witnesses – his family numbers in the hundreds.  At any rate neither of us feels that the wedding is the big thing.  The fact that we can have a good life together is obviously more important.  I'll keep you informed.

We had a pretty bad storm here last night.  The schools are all closed today.  However all us working people still have to go out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love, 
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album