Monday, November 03, 2014

1984 John's Letter to Ruth Shoemaker -Nov.3

November 3, 1984
Dear Ruth,

I have intended to write you ever since I received your birthday cad a month ago.  We were so disappointed not to get to see you when we were home in August.  Glad to hear you are feeling better.

We were surprised to hear of your move to Wilmington.  I had asked Mom to send us your new address at Prairie View so we could drop a line to you.  Hope you are happy there and all settled in by now.  I'm sure it has not been easy to move away from Mabel and Elroyd and all your friends in New Vienna.  But you will find friends in Wilmington I know.  You are too nice of a person to be without friends.  Ruth, I cannot forget all the times you took care of us.  I can still taste your great cooking – especially the mashed potatoes and gravy.  We certainly had it made when Mom & Dad went away.

X and I are doing fine.  I am still at the bank in the trust dept. and X still babysits Brooke who will be five in February.  We have gotten involved here in Newark to the point where we have not been down to New Vienna very much lately.  The next time we come down, we will make every effort to stop in and see you.  We miss you, Ruth!  You are in our prayers.  May the Lord richly bless you and bring you all the happiness and joy you desire & deserve.  You are very important to us as you share a lot of what has happened during my lifetime.  I will always consider you one of the best friends I've had and currently have.  If there is every anything we can for you please ask us.  We would consider it an honor & privilege to help you in any way we can.

We will try to stay in touch.  Bundle up for I think winter is upon us.  Thanks for your cards, your love and your friendship.  You don't know how much that means to me, Roberta, Serena & Mary Va.  We sure love you.

All our love in Christ Jesus,
John, X & Piper        

P.S. Do you have a Bible you can read everyday?  If not, we'll get you one.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album