Thursday, November 06, 2014

1974 Catherine's Letter -Nov.5

11/5/74
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  As you can see we got your letter.  [Family letter of 11/1/74 on the reverse side of this letter.]  The day after you left I started working 3rd shift (11-7) at Miann Plastics.  It gives us a pretty hectic schedule but so far it seems to be going well.  They make plastic shoe heels and soles, also quite a few of the platform type.  I wax the molds and spray them with a "Pam" type spray as the molds move by me on the conveyor belt.  Starting pay $2.07/hr after 15 days $2.17/hr and then $2.27 after 30 days.  [We needed $ to pay someone with more expertise than me to help with the interior of the new house.]

Got a letter from John today - he will be arriving on Saturday afternoon.  Also got a letter from Roger B. said they enjoyed your visit and how they like their new house, etc.

Nothing new on the library addition yet.  X is to make another speech tomorrow night.

Kuman is doing well.

I voted earlier this afternoon.  There is quite a strong independent candidate for governor so the results will be interesting.  I'll be able to hear them while I work tonight.

Time is running out!

Love, Catherine & X

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album