Saturday, August 25, 2012

1992 Roberta's letter to Grandma - Aug. 23


1992 - Roberta's letter to Grandma - Aug. 23 


Fuller Theological Seminary (Grand Canyon University) 1992-93 Brochure.  Roberta had plans to get a Masters in Counseling.
Posted by Picasa
8/23/92

Dear Grandma,

I just got off the phone with Joe Horton – after this month I'm going to really cut back on my long distance phone calls! I always enjoying talking with Joe in Santa Fe. Remember our trip there – about 3 years ago – how we went on that Indian Reservation?

I'm all excited about going back to school to get a master's degree in counseling. The school is only about 6 miles from where we live. Just think of all the schools your grandchildren have gone to. Mary Virginia the closes one – Wilmington College – but later in Kentucky. Joe also close to New Vienna – at University of Cincinnati! Then Cris in Georgia – Marianne at Lakeland, FL – Rob & I graduated from the same school in Boca Raton, Florida. Catherine in Michigan – John in Ohio & Serena in Indiana. I bet you went to a lot of those schools to visit. I remember going to music recitals with you – Joe's in Cincinnati & Mary Virginia's in Kentucky. You would write us all letters & your writing was always much better than mine!

I'll be in Ohio Friday, Sept. 11, just over 2 weeks away. Do you want me to bring anything – the Cats – or pictures of the Cats??

It's late Grandma & I got to get to bed – going to go hiking tomorrow A.M. Want to get into shape to hike the Grand Canyon – I hope to be able to keep up with Dad!

Grandma, do hope you are eating and drinking enough! Remember I'm the that should eat & drink (soda pop) less!

Love, Roberta, Sid & the Cats

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album