Thursday, August 06, 2020

1980 MV's Letter -Aug.8



August 6, 1980
Dear Mom  and Dad --

got another post card from you all today . . . . it's hard to imagine anyone out on a beach at 6:30 a.m.  They must be awful scatterbrained.  

Sunday Grandma and I had lunch at Leesburg . . . and then stopped at Krogers in Hillsboro, as she needed butter and Strebers were out.  I picked some apples and took out to Hannah's.  Elizabeth was in Monday morning and picked some.  I haven't seen anybody else out there.

I have spent mot of the week at the Fair and Hannah's.  Yesterday hogs were judged and Paul and Suzie both got champion in their class.  Tonight they have the hog sale.  Tim Larrick was supposed to have his steers judged today, but I haven't been over yet.

Diane Roberts and I are going over to the fair tonight, and then Tim and his cousin Chuck are going with us to see the 7:30 movie.  It's called "The Empire Strikes Back" . . . a sequel to Star Wars.  I hope I don't fall asleep.  According to Denise it's supposed to be good.

Put laundry tape in my clothes today . . . The more cotton that it had in the material, the better the tape seemed to stick.  The Smarts are supposed to pick me up here at the house at 3:00 Friday afternoon.

Grandma is getting upset because Judy isn't back from vacation yet . . . I've been trying to help out at the Hannahs . . . today I did laundry.  

Gotta go.  I'm supposed to pick up Diane in a few minutes.  Hope you all are having a good time.  Tell the Morgans Hello.  Haven't heard from Robbie.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album