Saturday, August 01, 2020

1980 MV's Letter -Aug.2



Saturday, August 2, 1980
Dear Mom and Dad --

Thought I'd better get a letter off before you left for Oregon . . . . hope everything is going well with the ABA.

I haven't been sitting around too much since you left . . . .

Gail, Michael, and I had lunch at TGI Friday's . . . . the food was good, but service was super slow . . . . I had pizza quiche . . . mostly just pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese . . . it was pretty good . . . .

I didn't go looking for a bathing suit . . .

Thursday nite Georgialia and I went over to Finley's to pick cabbage . . . . Georgialia and Sandy have a gigantic garden over there.  I can't remember seeing so many BIG heads of cabbage . . . . I think there was 12 or 14, and all of them had to be at least 18-24 in. in diameter . . . . and they must have weighed at least 5 lbs. each.  I did pick that cabbage out in the garden for Grandma . . . . I'm taking her down tomatoes, zucchini, and bananas this afternoon.

Yesterday I cut and peeled apples so Georgialia could make pies . . . She made three . . . . and still has enough apples for probably three more.

I forgot to take the library books back, so we went over yesterday and did that plus a few other errands.  And last nite I went to Paul's baseball game.

I got to Grandma's this morning about 10:00 . . . . went down town and raked her yard of grass that was in big clumps after mowing . . . .

Right now I'm in the process of doing clothes . . . washed the car this a.m.  don't worry . . . Everything's fine . . .  Enjoy Hawaii . . . .

Love --
Mary Va

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album