Saturday, August 15, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -Aug.21



8-21-80
Dear Mother, Dad & Mary,

Hi!  Glad to hear your trip home was satisfactory.  What did you think of the Fred Meyer store in Gresham?  We used to buy Wendy's clothes there before we started getting so many hand me downs.  Now I try to pick up things at the end of the season here that will (hopefully) fit her next year.  It's about time for the summer things to be marked way down.  Last spring I was able to get her three nice long sleeved shirts plus her winter coat.  I still need to get her a good pair of warm mittens for this winter.

I GOT A NEW JOB ! ! !  Did I tell you about the job I applied for about a month ago as a dentist office receptionist/office type job.  They hired someone else but she decided she couldn't handle the job so they called to see if I was still interested.  I said yes if they paid me $750/month and they agreed!  The other advantages are that I will work 9 to 5 and after a staff meeting held every Friday morning at 8:30 a.m.  I will get every other Friday off.  I am in hopes of getting the Fridays off that Gerry has the Saturdays off so that I can do the house work, etc. and we can have our weekends free.  I will start September 8th.  The other plus is that there is a possibility of getting bonuses depending on how much money the office takes in during a month.  If it is over a certain amount I get a %.  The gal that had the job before averaged $70/month.  Some months $150 and of course other months 0.  But the average sounds good and the dentist and his wife (I know her from Le Leche as their daughter is about the same age as Wendy) are real nice people and I think will be good to work for.  The Judge at the Court House told my boss to offer me $750 to see if I would stay but I still thought the advantages at the dentist office were much better.  I told them that after I got my appraisal certification I would come back and work for them.

Got to go.  I'll try to write more soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album