Monday, August 17, 2020

1980 Roberta's Letter -Aug.24



[8/24/80]
Sunday Evening
10:00 P.M.
Dear Family,

Thanks alot for calling Mom . . . was that on Tuesday????  I'm just not sure where this week has gone . . . but sure has been a busy one.  I think must have been the "most on the go" as I've been all summer.  Plus really getting the work in this past week.  Both at the senior center -- and also for Harry at the flower shop . . . both the old shop and the new one.  I'd sure like to quit the flower shop job but just hate to now that I really can be of some help to Harry and really know what I'm doing.

I am able to give a good report on Buffy.  Will say something -- and thats that Marion can plan on taking hm on her next trip -- even if its just for a few days.  This dog is more responsibility than I care for.  That sure was an expensive wart he had.  They say that these high-bred dogs are alot more accessable to get all this disease stuff.  

I sure am anxious to hear more about your trip.  Also thinking about you all as you start school tomorrow.  Is ??? [Mie Young] there by now???  And did she come by bus across the US?  I'm thinking you all -- what you really need now is a high breed dog to keep you all busy and occupied!!!

It's now Monday Morning -- I've got the 700 Club on.  Have started watching that nearly every morning.  Last week the Galloping Gourmet was the host -- both him and his wife.  Really good.  That's about the only TV I watch anymore.  Soon the TV will be featuring alot of sports -- as Marion is to get in tonight.  Still haven't heard from her as to what flight.  Did have a card saying she would call on Sunday . . . but I was gone more than I was home yesterday . . . so . . . .

I've been very busy out at work trying to get some "back to school" classes going.  We are going to have Spanish, Sign Language, and photography.  Have got volunteer teachers coming in for all three of these.  Each will meet once a week -- have got some 25 interested in Spanish, 5 in Sign, and 8 in photography.  I'm making them -- or strongly encouraging them to put out a donation each class for the teacher.  Private can type of deal . . . .  Also have about 10 women interested in taking belly dancing -- but can't find a teacher for less than $50/ hour.

We are planning a big "school day" affair . . . sometime next week.  Try to get as many people as possible to dress up . . . little anklets, or whatever.  Also trying to get lots of the old "school day songs" found and printed up.  We have really had some funny ones turned in . . . and already a few good "jumping rope" songs.  We are to have a spelling bee on that day, plus some other little activities.

Marion just now called . . . coming in at 8:25 tonight.  That's a relief . . . usually she comes in the late night flights.  I've got to go.  Will write more later.  Should have more time once Marion is back.  Less messing with the dear dog.

Love,
Berta

Please!  Send back article re: wheelchair

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album