Saturday, March 28, 2020

1990 John's Letter -Mar.1

March 1, 1990
Dear Mom, Dad, Grandma, Uncle Bill & Aunt Mary,

I am in Athens today to recruit at Ohio University for the bank.  I really enjoy interviewing these college students.  I came down this morning at 6:30 AM and will talk to 9 Seniors.  Janice, a young gal from Park will talk to 9 students as well.  On Monday, I am scheduled to recruit at Denison.

Cynthia Uible's phone number is . . . .  She seems very nice.  Her father is Robert Uible, a doctor.

I have been trying to figure out when I can come down to New Vienna for a visit.  It appears as though I have something scheduled every weekend in March & April.  I know I will see you May 12 and I hope even before then.

Sorry if this note seems disjointed as I'm trying to write in between interviews.

I have been completing applications for Campus Crusade and Grace Brethren Foreign Missions.  I received a call Monday night from the Director of a group called Frontiers [?].  He wants me to fly out to California in April for an interview.  They asked if I could come Friday April 13 and stay until Tuesday April 17th.  I don't want to miss Easter with you guys but I think I'll fly out.  Hope you understand.

Julie is coming to Newark the weekend of March 9-11.  I'm so anxious to see her.

Hope all of you are enjoying sunny Florida.

Love,
John

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album