Sunday, February 03, 2019

1979 MV Letter -Feb.1


2-1-79
Hi!  I hear that you all have had some bad snow and we've had bad rains.  Roberta keeps complaining that she can't ride her express because of the rain.  She has ridden it to Stubbs's on a couple of errands.

Fredly [?] got your card yesterday, but couldn't think who Harold & Jean were.  I guess he mentioned it to Marion.

I have started eating lunch, and I've become pretty good friends with this girl named Maria who just started going here from a private school.  No, she isn't Spanish or Mexican, but it can be confusing because we're both in the same Spanish class, I now sit beside here (and we usually get in trouble for talking).

Well, you've already heard everything about contest so ! . . . .  I have become unusually conservative now.  Except for food I have only bought things twice!

Are you going to send my plane ticket very soon?  I am anxious to get home this year, for once.  I'll miss it, but I think I'll be able to contain myself.  I have met a lot of really neat people, as the saying goes.

My arm got really rested up over the night.  It feels a lot better – I may get the cast taken off soon!

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album