Thursday, February 14, 2019

1989 Catherine's Fax -Feb.10


Friday, February 10, 1989

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Wendy had a letter she wanted me to Fax to you earlier this week but the xerox didn't come out well (it was handwritten so I put it in the U.S. Mail and you should be receiving it in the next day or two.

I had a nice birthday although it seems far in the past now.  Thanks for the "beeping" key ring and the pewter vase.  I'll have to buy a dried flower or something to put in it.  Gerry got me some new golf shirts.  Wendy gave me a sun-catcher.  Roberta & Sid gave me an Entertainment 1989 book which is identical to the one we gave Sid for his birthday.  it has lots of two for one coupons good at restaurants, movies, etc.  One of the places listed is Pier d'Orleans so we were able to get two of the meals free since they had brought theirs also.

Sorry I missed getting a Fax off to you last week.  There was a summer reading program workshop held in the library's auditorium all day Friday last week so that kept us pretty occupied.  This week I've been busy getting flyers and confirming forms to those groups and agencies which will be attending our second annual Early Childhood Information Fair which is to be on Saturday, Feb. 18.  About 40 groups have signed up to have representatives attend.  It will be from 9-noon, hopefully outside the library if the weather cooperates.  Last year it rained.)

We had some almost winter weather here earlier this week.  The wind chill got down into the 20s although the lowest I saw the temperature listed was 34º. 

Wendy is going to go to church and a pot luck following with Roberta and Sid this Sunday.  Gerry and I are going to play golf over near South Mountain on 7th St.

Cecelia and I did booktalks this week for 3rd and 4th graders at the school in her neighborhood, located near 75th Ave. & Bethany Home.  They had 8 3rd grades and 7 4th grades.  The total school enrollment (K-6) is 1460 students. 

Anne, Linda & I were taped for a television show called "Get Acquainted with Glendale" yesterday.  It should be aired next week.  We'll try to tape it and send you a copy.  Not that I was all that terrific but you'll be able to see me on video!!!

Hope you have a good week.  Are you headed south (or any other direction) soon?  Are your phones working any better yet?  We could hear you fine that time you called us last.

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album