Tuesday, February 26, 2019

1989 MV's Letter -Feb.26


2-26-89
Dear Mom and Dad –

Thanks so much for the card and check for my birthday  I've already put part of it toward an answering machine and the rest I will use toward the dress for Colleen's wedding.

Thanks, too, for mailing my books down, they arrived on Tuesday, just as I had anticipated.  The notebook is due this Tuesday to Dr. Jay; I was glad to finish the first portion today (4 books), so tomorrow I can begin working on assignments for my other classes.

This weekend was the retreat for the women of ATS at the Kentucky Leadership Center south of Somerset.  I led the Music, so I got to go free; Margaret Therkelson was the speaker, with the emphasis on prayer.  My only complaint is that it didn't last long enough.

Right now I'm working on trying to come home April 6, 7, 8.  It should work since that's the only weekend I'm asking off in April.  Betsye Fowler won't be able to go to the Emmaus Walk until July so I don't have to take off work that weekend.

I also got a nice card (and check) from Roberta & Sid already.  She mentioned going to Florida next month.  J.B. called about a week ago to check on dates for visiting Kentucky and we talked briefly about going to New Jersey together 6/25.  I don't know if it would work for him, but Colleen's wedding reception, I should stay until at least 8-9 PM and it's in Cincy.  I would like to have the company driving though.

Thanks again for the sweet card and money.  Hope all is well in New Vienna.  Always glad to hear from you.  Are you still going to the Atlanta toy show?

Love, Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album