Thursday, December 01, 2016

1986 Catherine's Letter -Dec.1


12-1-86
Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  Now that December is here I can use my Christmas stationery!

It was nice of you to call on Thanksgiving and good to talk to Serena and Mary Virginia – glad the "Touch of Burgundy" went well.  We had a good Thanksgiving dinner – yesterday we froze what was left of the turkey.

Wendy got your advent calendar on Friday.  She is doing it 3 days ahead of schedule so that she'll have all the windows open before we leave.  Both of us like the pictures!  Ashley Wolff has some excellent picture books too.  I assume you are familiar with them.

We got out our Christmas decorations which we hope to put around the house tonight.  We aren't going to put up a tree.  Alot of our nicest decorations are from you – thanks again – we think of you when we see them.  I really like the Tomie de Paula The First Christmas pop-up book that you sent Wendy last year.

Although we are looking forward to our trip to Maine I wish we could be in Ohio at the same time!  Wendy is very excited especially about meeting her younger cousins and flying accompanied by her parents!

I have a dentist appointment in 27 minutes so I need to go do my final brushing!

We love you!

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album