Thursday, December 22, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -Dec. 27

December 27, 1976
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Well, I guess it has been awhile since I last wrote.  We had a really nice Christmas and I hope to have some pictures to send you with the next letter.

We did quite a few things while John was here.  Tijuana, the zoo, the beach, plus Roberta kept him busy while we were working.  Debby will be here until Sunday so we hope to do some more things with her.

Thank you for the Christmas presents and the check.  We are going to buy a bed.  Those button towels are just the thing for our refrigerator and I'm sure we can make good use of the apron and placemats.  Gerry has already worn the shirt (sweater?) you sent him.  He likes the button type so you made a good choice.  The pants suit you sent me is very nice looking and it fits!

Deedee gave us a nice plant for Christmas.  I'm not sure what kind.  It has leaves that look like elephant ears.  Roberta got us a blanket – queen size since our sofa bed is queen size and we plan to get a queen size bed.  She also got us an ice crusher.

Dec. 29, 1976
Gerry and I both had yesterday off so we took Debbie and DeeDee to Sea World.  Wow!  What a place.  Since it costs $5.95 to get in we weren't sure if it would be worth it.  But there really was alot to see.  We spent five hours there and probably could have spent a couple more.  They closed at 5:30 though.  We wanted Roberta to go with us but she decided to go back to work yesterday.

Roberta is going to take Debby and I over to El Cajon tomorrow after I get off work to meet Gerry and we can show Deb the biggest shopping center in the area.

Last night we decided to go to Houlihan's Old Place which is a new restaurant in San Diego.  Roberta's been wanting to go there.  So we went about 8:30 and they said there would be a two hour wait.  So we decided we'd wait until it got a little older.  They won't let you make reservations after 5pm.  We ended up eating at Victoria Station which is just down the street.  We had to wait 5 minutes for a table there.  Roberta said she had eaten at Victoria Station elsewhere but it was our first time.

We got back our Christmas pictures and they came out really good.  I'll send you some.  The picture I took of Deedee wearing the top you sent her and holding the necklace would have been alot better if I hadn't aimed so bad.

Well, I still haven't heard from you but I Guess I'll go ahead & mail this.

Write soon.

Love,
Catherine & Gerry

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album