Monday, January 25, 2016

1976 John's Letter –Jan.22

Thurs. Jan. 22, 1976
Dear Family,

As you may notice my enclosure, you probably realize the reason for this letter.  I was taken by surprise to receive application forms from Cong. Harsha for a page (summer) appointment.  It just came today so I am very anxious to complete it as soon as possible.  If you will please fill it out and send it to him (Harsha) directly, I would appreciate it.  I, myself, have forms, essays and transcripts to prepare.  But if I have any chance whatsoever, it's well worth my time.

All is going much better this week for me.  I was able to make changes in my schedule so that all four of my classes are from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., the perfect schedule.  I still have only three classes each day and work in library an hour each morning.  In addition, I can stay in my squash section.

Political activity is picking up.  Several Presidential candidates are coming to speak at the Academy, including Shriver, Reagan & Carter.  The others are sending representatives.  I met Shriver's son last night, as he stayed with Father Morrissey.

I have a very busy weekend coming up.  Catherine called last night to say she was coming down Sunday evening for a few hours.

The weather is really cold.  The wind today, about 20 m.p.h., reminded me of Chicago as I was practically swept off my feet.  Down to -5º tonight.

Well, sorry to make this so short.  However, I have alot of paperwork to dive into and afternoon mail is picked up shortly.  Hope all is well.

Love, 
John

P.S. I could sure use some 13¢ stamps.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album