Monday, January 25, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter to MV -Jan.25

Sunday
January 25, 1976
Dear Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter.  It was good to hear from you.  I am sitting under the hair dryer right now so thought it would be a good time to answer your letter.

This afternoon I'm taking the bus to Exeter to visit John.  We are going to go to Vespers, then to a pancake supper.  After that some guy is going to talk and then I will get the bus back to Sanford.

Thursday night this guy named Gordon took me out to dinner and then we went bowling.  We were going to go snowmobiling but it was too cold (about +2º) and very windy.  I had veal and eggplant for dinner.  I'm still not very good at bowling but I'm getting better.  I remember once a long time ago going bowling with you in Wilmington and you beat me.  Do you go anymore?

It's too bad you didn't do so well in school the last six weeks.  Maybe you should study more!  What kind of stuff are you learning anyway?  Have you read any books lately?

Well, I hope you write to me again soon!

Love, 
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album