Thursday, January 28, 2016

1976 Catherine's Letter -Jan.26

Monday-January 26, 1976
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Received your letter of 1/21 on Saturday (1/24).  What is Serena's new address?  I sent her a birthday card to her old address.  I like the carpet you got.  That room must look really different.

As you may or may not know from the letter I wrote to Mary Virginia, I went to visit John yesterday.  I took the bus down in the middle of the afternoon and the last bus back to Sanford returning here about 11:15.  We had a good time.  I saw more of the campus than I had seen before (the only things I was previously familiar with was Browning House, and the library.  We had the buffet supper at the Exeter Inn which was very good and featured nice thick slabs of roast beef.  John really ate it up.  His new room is bigger and gets more light than his old one did.  There also seemed to be a constant stream of guys coming to visit him and he said that he felt much more at home than he did last year.  I showed him my pictures from Africa and he showed me a letter he had recently received from Roberta.

Thank you for stopping to see Mrs. [Priscilla] Walker.  I am glad that she got the flowers.

Please wipe the idea of me and a car out of your minds.  If I wanted a car I could have the land rover, or I could sell the land rover and buy something more compact and easier on the gas mileage.  However, I DO NOT WANT a car.  If after a period without a car I decide that I do want one then that would be the time to get one.

I am tentatively planning to go to Philadelphia on February 13 and returning through NY on either the 15 or 16.  The 16th is a holiday.  I have not yet heard from Doug and Debbie in Phil whether this is agreeable with them.  If Dad is going to be free the following weekend I could gt to NY or he could come to Sanford or we could meet in between.  I am quite flexible on that account as long as I don't take too much time off from the library.

I went bowling again last week and although I improved slightly over the time before I still have a long ways to go.

I got a birthday card and a letter today from Grandma.  She and the Hortons seem to be doing well.

Well, I hope to hear from you soon and please let me know what options you come up with for getting together in February.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album