Wednesday, July 08, 2015

1975 Roberta's Letter to GHU -July 8

Roberta sends Grandma a fold and seal letter while at Hudson Guild in the summer of 1975.  

July 7, 1975
Dear Grandma,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter & stamps – I'm putting them to good use!

You wouldn't believe how many people are up here now – there are so many we had to serve 2 suppers – one at 5:30 for the senior citizens and then a buffet type deal at 6:30 for a group of 50 – a Spanish Church group from Harlem – New York City.  I really feel like I've had a work-out!  And would you believe we are going to have it this way till Friday!  One group will get a cold meal, the other a hot meal. (This week only)

Luckily enough I'm off tomorrow – but I said I'd help w/ breakfast because we are not going into New York City till about 10:00 A.M.  We have to take one of the senior citizens back home (N.Y.C.) – she has spent the last few days in the hospital in Dover.

We found a big mulberry tree & I tried them – and to my surprise really liked them!  Needless to say I've made several trip back there!

How are your jack letters coming in now?  I have seen alot of jump ropes here.

As to the cats here – you know my feelings there.  I was told to feed them – but I just shook my head & said you have asked the wrong person!

Wasn't that something about Aunt Mary's fall?  Stay well ––

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album