Friday, July 24, 2015

1975 Catherine's Letter -July 23

[A small portion of this letter has been removed for privacy reasons – this was a difficult letter to write and to read, but life does go on as we all know.  I am thankful that the ending of this relationship lead to my meeting and marrying Gerry.]

July 23, 1975
Dear Mom & Dad,

X and I split up last week.  I have moved into an apartment in Sanford and he is staying in the house.  I'm not sure if this is a permanent separation as X still thinks we can get back together and have a good marriage but I feel alot less sure of that.

The primary problem is that I . . . . him then we wouldn't have a problem.

At any rate I'm getting along fairly well on my own except for when I talk to X and then I get to feeling all guilty and shook up.

I am not seriously involved with anyone else although in some ways I think it would be easier on X if I was.  Then he would feel like I had more of a concrete reason for leaving him.

August 7 & 8 sounds OK for your coming.  Maybe I can get some time off work.

My phone # is 207-324-4078.  X has the old #.  My address: 7 Grove Ave., Sanford 04073.

Love, Catherine

1 comment:

Mary Uible Crowson said...

Catherine, I appreciate all your work on the family blog ..... and your honesty and being forthright in posting when this letter when it would have been much easier to tuck this back into a box or even destroy it. I don't know that it helps but I was blissfully ignorant of the whole situation and don't remember when/how I learned about it.

Items from Uible photo album