Monday, September 16, 2013

1993 Roberta's letter - Sept. 16

Roberta has returned from her 1993 trip to NYC. Transcription follows.


9/16/93

Hi!

We all had a great time in "the city" – but one of the best parts was staying at the Pennington Friends House – the price was Right & we enjoyed the whole experience!  I told my boss about it & I think she will be going there w/her 16 year old daughter!

I went to the travel agent & waited & waited in line to make my reservation to Ohio.  Had actually done all the work ahead of time on the phone w/Airline - but in order to use $25.00 coupon had to wait & purchase ticket thru travel agent!

I'll arrive Continental #1124 Columbus on Thursday, Oct. 14 –4:53 pm from Houston, leave from Columbus, Tuesday - Oct. 19th 5:46 pm.

Sid will leave for South Bend on Tues - Oct 26th  – stay til Nov. 6th.

Will enclose some reading material.

Thanks again for all the NYC advice & inside info!

Love, R
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album