Wednesday, August 07, 2019

1969 Roberta's Letter -June 8

June 8, 1969
Dear Family,

Well.  It sure has been a Big day.  Church was terribly emotional.  We sang that song at the end of church -- "Bless be the tie that Binds."  All these people started crying.  It's a Good thing it only happens every few years.  HA!

At about 12:00 noon Vanessa called and wanted to know if I could come over.  Carl Stokes completely left my mind!!  Well, I went to her house.  We went to -- and you won't believe this -- Chillicothe (spelling?) We saw all these historical sights.  Yes -- US TWO.  On the way back we stopped at Rocky Fork -- Fun in the Sun -- They have a miniature golf place there.  We didn't play -- simply watched.  Then we went on to Pike Lake.  Wow!  It had been a LONG time since I was there.  People were all over.  Deep inside I wanted that swim suit of mine on!!

Next stop was Bainbridge.  There was a dental place there.  It wasn't opened though.  In Hillsboro I stopped at Aunt Mary H's place.  But of course, she wasn't at home.

It has been raining off & on all day today.  I hope you all have better weather.

OH!  Nancy told me today that she could -- NOT stay with me at night.  She had to baby-sit during the day!! I told her I had counted on HER!  Well -- Now don't worry about your little 18 year old daughter.  Sharon S. is staying tonight.  There is not one thing in the world to worry about!!  Sharon will probably stay all week.

Well -- say Hello to the Beers, Kuntzmans, Schamauns, Steels, and all our other old ministers for me.

You all better write me.  I don't write for nothing you know.

Also the Volkswagen is NOT working properly.  It still has a mind of its own.  I think I'll take it to Shell and let them try and tell me the 'thing' is fine !!  HA!

It's 8:45 (PM) and I'm about ready to go to Bed!  Sharon just told me I must be kidding.

Love, 
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album