Saturday, August 10, 2019

1969 Roberta's Letter -June 10


[Written on the back of the envelope:]  "Are you ready for this??  Well.  OF COURSE!!"

June 10, 1969
Dear Family,

Well, Two days of work down.  Only three more days till PAY day!  Ha!

Everything is fine here.  The weather is getting HOT -- and you'll never believe this but I'm coming down -- already have -- a cold!!  It's just a little old thing.  The air conditioning was on -- at the shop -- I think that helped out a little (in getting my cold).

Miller & Turner called up and told me my ring was there.  We went over and got it.  It fits me perfect!!  Can you believe it??

OH.  Yes -- thanks alot for the post card from Columbus.  I'm glad you made it that far.  Yes??

John you have a lot of mail here.  You have one letter from the Louisiana Tourist Developmental Commission -- it's medium thick.  Also a large yellow note-book size envelope from the state of Connecticut Development Commission.  Also a extra large brown envelope -- notebook size -- from the Falcon Books, Katonah, New York.

There is the usual pile of newspapers.

They got Daddy's office painted.  It looks real nice!!  But, just can't wait till they get that carpet in there.  HA! HA!

Elizabeth and Oscar, Mrs. Will. Thornburg have been here getting strawberries.  Mrs. Thornburg said she put up  5  quarts for us.  Can you believe that?  Now, can you beat that?

Saturday nite they thought someone broke into the bank.  But they found later they FORGOT to lock the door!!  Poor Mr. Brumley will never live that down!!  HA!

Vanessa is staying here now.  Sharon wore me out.  She kept me up till WAY WAY late Sunday nite!  Then Monday she said she would take the door key and came in LATER -- I told her -- NO DEAL.  I went to see Vanessa.  So now she is over here.  That is OK -- isn't it??  She can go to bed early and still sleep all day long too -- it's quite a talent.  But lunch has been ready for me -- it's been VERY GOOD -- so far.  HA!

The dog and fishes are fine and well fed.  Wiggles make enough NOISE for a dozen dogs.

Well.  I've got to get to bed -- morning comes early enough the way it is now.

Have fun.  All is fine.

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album