Monday, March 04, 2019

1989 Roberta's Letter -Mar.1

3-1-89
Dear Mom & Dad,

Greetings from the Juror's Waiting Room – it's now 10:30 and so far just the parking tickets have been validated!  Going to be a slow paced day!

Thanks for your letter w/ Dad's schedule [probably for the cross country bike ride] & what a schedule!  Now that will be a fast pace!

This weekend there is a HUGE fund-raiser at Glencroft – the Nursing home / retirement area near the Morgans.  I've volunteered to help drive a Van between the Junior College & the big doings there.  My shift is from 4:00 to 9:30 pm on Friday.  Sid will hold the fort down at Sr. Village while I'm volunteering.

Have you talked to Miss Wendy about our trek up South Mountain?  It was quite an experience – and quite an accomplishment!  I heard on the news that out of the 6,500 estimated people that attempted – less than 75% made it to the top!  I never had any doubt that we would not make it!  Now Wendy has the challenge of collecting the $!

It's sure turned cold in Florida – hope it will be warm when I'm there!

Miss Wendy did tell me all about the Elder-hostel trip w/ you all – She sure sounded excited about it!

When is the trip – and when will Grandma's birthday celebration be held?  I could try to come and be there part of the time you folks are gone.  Joe Horton also is interested in when the celebration will be – – It's best for me to be gone middle of the month – but could be gone till about the 28th!  Wendy asked be about flying on the same flight as long as I didn't act like I knew her!  She also asked me if I was going to keep my arrival a secret – but I told her not this year!

The talk shows are on in the waiting room – Sally Jesse Rafael w/ missing persons – rather those looking for a missing person.  Then/There is a psychic who is telling where the missing persons are – not a real controversial show – –

We ate at a Korean restaurant lat night – they had a 2 for 1 coupon in the paper.

I just cleaned out my purse – couldn't find the envelopes but did find the Church bulletin & hand out we got last week (Quaker) the church is about to – or rather is in the process of selecting a new minister.  Next week – the men's quartet will be coming from the trailer park you all stayed in – – Did you see what opening song was in bulletin – Something from Disney (? or is it?) It's a Small World!

Did you talk to Mary Virginia yesterday?  We did get a card out & hopefully she got it by yesterday!

Last Thursday was a fund raiser in Scottsdale for the Foundation for Senior Living – held at a very posh Apartment for Senior Citizens ($1500 per month for small Apt. w/ noon meal) & up depending upon bigger apartment & optional breakfast/supper meals.  The place does have a very nice VAN & 2 Lincoln Tour Cars!  It was a 2:00 pm English high tea & fashion show.  This benefit was to help put $ in Adult Day Health Care – I did see Frankie Moore there – her Mom is now in Adult Day Health Care –

We talked to several residents of "the Springs" where it was held & they were all complaining of the food (saying how w/ 3 entrees you never know what to take – which would be the best of the worst – as if all 3 would be BAD!  They said that usually the best bet is the fruit & cottage cheese plate that's available every day!

My foot is falling asleep (maybe I'm putting you all to sleep too!) so I'll get up & walk around – we are allowed to sign out for a 10 minute leave –

Looking forward to seeing you both in April (?).  Should we make a dinner reservation for you Mom – at the Banquet?

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album