Tuesday, March 12, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -March 9


[3/9/79]
Friday AM
Good Morning!

Just filled up the envelope & went to seal it – w/out even a note –

I'm sure glad it's Friday – has been a busy week at work – then I've been keeping w/ the GRE – plus this week we've had beautiful weather – Marion has sure been using the bike after school for her running-around.

Oh!  Wednesday afternoon she took Mr. Williams shopping – he wanted to get a new pair of pants – Penny's had them on sale – $11.99 – but guess he thought that was a terrible price – tho he did buy 2 pairs – plus 2 pair of P..J.'s – one hat – 6 pairs of socks – He had never been to Tri-City Mall – he said for 3 years plus ! !

Monday night we are to go to this refinishing furniture clinic – I can just see me do that now –

Sally helped me last night w/ Math – Mary – she also teaches geometry – so would be able to tutor you –

Country Club Road opened up this past week – but the official word is out that it will soon be flooded out – as they are going to have to release more water.

Got a nice letter from JB – w/ pictures – I'm to send them on to Morgans – I do want to get some reprints of them –

How is Ruth?  I tried to call her yesterday – guess she has no phone in her room – would get more rest that way!!

The WIZ was real good – we took Doreen – she had only seen a high school play – she thought it was quite something!

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album