Wednesday, March 20, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Mar.20



Written on the envelope:  Gas is now 76.9 premium here!
Tuesday AM
3/20/79

Hi! 

Seems we have winter all over again – rain – cold & windy – no weather for Buffy or for a Honda Express!!

Last night Marion & I went for the 1st part of a 2 part CPR course – put on by Red Cross – quite good – we got to practice on dummies – have to give compressions – plus breath – it's really a neat thing though – once you get the system down.

You will never believe what I bought on Sunday –  I did tell you all that I got my federal income tax $ back – didn't I – so guess what I bought – a pair of shoe skates – they look like a pair of track shoes but then have the roller skates – (wheels) under them – I got out on the side walk & tried them at home which worked out fine – then when we went down to the nursing home – I took them w/ me – but the side walks down there are very crooked – so it didn't work out all that great!  I almost fell – 3 times!!

Last night in the mail had an official letter from GRE – sure looked like GRE scores from 1st test – but only turned out to be admittance slip for next test – 28th April.

If you still have the sample test – you might send it down to G'ma – Oh!  I've bought G'ma a special pillow – especially designed for people who sit in wheelchairs – we bought Angus one – she says it really makes a difference.  I'll just send it to New Vienna – We got them at a hospital supply place – Where Marion got a cushion & back deal for herself – now she can sit in the furniture downstairs.

Was good to talk to you all on Saturday – I did call up Ruth – will give her another brief call sometimes this week –

Oh!  please send me Morgans – also Serena's address ––

This week we are getting by on 1 car – I've loaned the truck to the couple (you all didn't meet them) from Spark NV – retired – she taught in Newton high school for 30 years – anyway – husband had a heart attack (but now home!) & their car had to have ring job done on it – so Marion is dropping me off early (7:00 AM) for work – thought I might be able to use bike but then just bad weather –

We'll get the truck back on Thursday –

Ok – gotta go!

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album