Thursday, March 14, 2019

1979 GHU Letter to John -Mar.11

Joe Horton notecard: Baker's Cart – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia


March 11th [1979?]
Dear John –

We enjoyed your letter & your application letter for a job was very well written & do wish you success in whatever comes forth for you.  A person has to start some place & then decide as time goes along about the future.

With all the Hortons near for a couple of months it seems as if we have been busy either going to or cooking for a Birthday or something.

The past week we were at the W.P.B. Aud. three times.  Aunt Mary & I attended the Welk (in person) program, the "Hungarian concert."  Their costumes were beautiful & the music & dances interesting but very much the same all through the concert.  Also then Fri. night a very interesting program given by local singers.  They have a very good singing group.  Also a Barber Shop Quartet.  A guest quartet was from Washington state.

Aunt Mary & I hope to go to the Palm Beach play House next week to see the "Miracle Worker" Helen Keller's Life.  The teacher part is played by Melissa Gilbert who is the blind girl in "Little House on the Prairie."  I am very fond of her acting.

Uncle Bill still talks about when he retires but so far he still goes to work & complains about the money he pays out for taxes.  As you know this is tax time again.

We have been going to the church each Wed. evening for dinner, you can't eat out anywhere else for $2.00 & get a big meal.

Rob. goes to his school work faithfully each morning about 7:45 & home by 3:15.  His school is out on Congress.  He & his girl friend are together every day, too often I think.  At the present she has a job & they think marriage is in the future.  I believe you met Kim.  He says they ca't live on his salary as yet.  I believe your folks were to be in Col. this week end.  So you may see them.

Love, Grandma

1 comment:

Dan Copplestone said...

Hi Catherine,

I’m Dan Copplestone (From the Netherlands) I would like to ask you a favor. It’s in relation to the image ‘Baker’s cart’ above. I have a drawing by the same maker, but I can’t make out the autograph. I have been searching for ages to find out who the artist is. It looks like your picture above says the name (more) clearly. I would really appreciate if you could let me know the name shown on the image above:) Thank you in advance, take care, Dan

My email: drcopplestone@hotmail.com (I use more often)

Items from Uible photo album