Monday, March 25, 2019

1979 Roberta's Letter -Mar.24


[3/24/79]
Saturday pm –
Hi!

Really had a big – full day – down to the civic plaza by 9:30 – we didn't care about the opening remarks by Gov. Babbitt.  All the sessions that we went to were good – but we didn't go to the $15 lunch – instead walked 2 blocks – to Arby's – where both of us ate for under $4!!  Then we came back early & went to all the rooms gathering info – you know my style.

There was also an arts & crafts show – either you paid $2 each to get in – or if you were a dealer it was for free – all I did was go up say I was w/ D& B Ace H'ware – they typed me up a name tag & I asked for one for my guest Marion – we both got in free.

There were lots of booths – Whatever – mostly wholesalers – again – more free literature – etc. – We need a tax # –––

It's been a busy week – did I tell you we are taking the CPR course – Red Cross – but through Scottsdale Schools – 2nd part will be this Monday night – from 6:30-9:30 pm

Mary Greene comes tomorrow for 1 week – her sister works at Grand Canyon – so she will be up there part of the time.

I finally wrote N.V. Bank for a reference – so I can get a check cashing card out here – crazy to have an account (checking) when it's next to impossible to get a check cashed.

Jayson (from work) came over Thursday night – moved the light over at top of hall way – so we can move hall tree the way Marion wanted it.

Today was a beautiful warm (high 70s) day –

Gotta go – going to study GRE for awhile ––

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album