Wednesday, March 06, 2019

1989 Catherine's Fax -Mar.3


Friday, March 3, 1989 1:20 PM

Dear Mother & Dad,

Hi!  What's new in New Vienna?  Thanks for your letter to us and also the one to Wendy.  She is quite excited about the possibility of the Elder Hostel program.  Although just the trip to Ohio sounds pretty exciting to her.

Wendy got her first roll of pictures back that she took with the camera she got for Christmas.  Actually the very first roll didn't come out as we loaded the camera wrong but anyway this roll came out quite well.  I'll have her send some of the pictures off to you in the near future.

Sorry I missed getting a Fax off to you the last few weeks.  I have worked both of the last two weekends which means I was off on Friday.  Tonight is the B.R.A.T. Pack [Books, Reading and Talking, 4th-6th graders] sleepover so we're all spending the night at the library.  We have 23 kids signed up.  12 boys and 11 girls.   There will be six adults here.  We have some games lined up and also two videos.  Last years sleepover went fine so hopefully this one will go just as well.

Next weekend we are planning to go to a baseball game (one of the spring training games).  I think we're going to see San Diego vs. Seattle.  They play in Tempe.  That is Seattle has their training in Tempe.  San Diego is headquartered in Yuma for spring training.

I took the video copy of myself on television over to Roberta's.  She said she would copy it on the tape she did of Wendy's Pioneer Girls visiting Senior Village.

I could use that Clifford book probably.  I haven't seen that particular one in the large size.

What's the latest on whether you will also be heading west, Mother?  Of course you are welcome anytime!  We are hoping to be able to visit Dad on one of his Arizona stops.

Wendy is looking forward to her spring break during the last week of March.

Well, I need to get home and eat my lunch now . . . .

Love, Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album