Thursday, March 07, 2019

1969 Marianne's Letter -Mar.5


March 5, 1969
Dear "Uibles,"

For spring break, I'm escaping this warm climate for a week of cold weather.  Doesn't make sense does it?  Ha.  How would you all like to have a visitor for a couple of days?  Well, I'm leaving Sat. morning with a sorority sister of mine, her cousin, and his roommate, and will arrive in Cindy Sunday sometime.  Joe would like me to stay in Cincy until Wednesday morning and then take his car to New Vienna to see you all.  This would be March 12th, to get the dates correct.  I thought I might stay until Friday morning, if you don't mind an "extra."  Ha.  I'll probably call from Cincy the Monday or Tuesday before if they're any changes in plans.  If your plans don't coincide with this drop Joe a card in Cincy.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.  I hear from Catherine some, but not a lot, she seems to be "gone over" some certain person.  Ha.  Remember that oath I signed seven years ago.  It still holds true.  Ha.

College is keeping me pretty busy along with my teaching.  Tuesday and Thursday, I teach Reading and related arts at Lime Street Elementary here in Lakeland.  First grade even – my favorite.  Wednesday & Friday, I tutor 5 negro boys at Rochelle Elementary – a negro school.  I think by teaching in different places and people, (that think they're different from me) – might just make me a better teacher.  I've also been working at the juvenile center here in Lakeland, but I don't think being a psychologist is my call.  I'll probably minor in it!  Ha.

Six more weeks and college will be over for this semester.  I plan to work in Chattanooga this summer as a Unit Counselor.  I'll only get about $25 - for 8 weeks, but it will be fun too.  I have a four month vacation anyway.  Ha.

Hope to see you all next week.   If your plans for the week are pre-arranged then I can stay and "bother" Joe.  I'll be calling to find out.

Love, 
Marianne

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album